Cabinet Plasseraud



Our job

> Who is concerned by IP issues?  

All economic actors are concerned by Industrial Property issues.
If you are:

  • a chief executive officer of a SME/SMI
  • a chief legal officer
  • a head of R&D
  • a marketing director
  • a project leader /setting-up a business
  • a technology transfer officer
  • a researcher
  • an individual
  • an incubator
  • competitiveness cluster
  • an advertising agency
  • an architect

We are here to assist you !


> Who are the different actors proposing services in this area?

Several administrations, in France and abroad, are dedicated to Industrial Property:

  • INPI (French National Industrial Property Institute or “Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle ») – based in Courbevoie, France
  • EPO (European Patent Office) – based in Munich, Germany
  • EUIPO (European Union Itellectual Property Office) – based in Alicante, Spain
  • WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) – based in Geneva, Switzerland

In addition to these administrations, private practices offer their services:

  • Patent and trademark attorney firms (or “Conseil en Propriété Industrielle” firms) such as Cabinet Plasseraud
  • Attorney-at-law firms specializing in Industrial Property.


> What is the Role of an attorney-at-law specialized in Industrial Property matters?

Patent and/or trademark attorneys and specialized attorneys-at-law are partners who work in cooperation in order to protect Industrial Property titles.

The attorney-at-law notably intervenes, together with the patent/trademark attorney, before the Courts in case of litigation.

> What is the INPI?
> What is the EPO?
> What is the EUIPO?
> What is the WIPO?